Friday, April 21, 2017

DATE NIGHT FRIDAY!

ROSES
By: Demond A. Jackson

Isn't funny how certain people, places and things can affect our lives? It is also uncanny how those same things a way inspiring us by one means or another. A few days ago, I watched the Oscar nominated film, ‘Fences' directed by Denzel Washington who also played a starring role. The messages and symbols were so profound, that I can't seem to get the movie off my mind even though I was only able to see it once. The storyline, cinematography, and its hidden jewel have been imprinted on my mind.

One scene in the movie shook me and the men watching with me to the core. It was touching, emotional, both spiritually and intellectually. Many of the men could not comprehend or refused to admit it’s impact. In the scene: 

Rose goes to her husband’s job and asks him to come home days after he has admitted to her, that he'd been having an affair and the affair has resulted in a child. Rose explained to her husband, how she sacrificed her life, her dreams, and potential for more...just to be his WIFE. She pitifully added, no matter what came her way, regardless of her personal desires she remained committed to her vows for better or for worse, simply holding on tighter to her man.

My heart went out to Rose:

She reminded me of all the women I know past and present who echo her sentiments:

Where would mankind be without Roses?  Those sweet, fragrant, strong beings who love and protect the men in their lives with their heart and soul against insurmountable odds... Those women with character and integrity that can't be measured by beauty or success... The worth of these women, must be weighed by their sacrifice and willingness to go to no end for their families, friends and lovers. These women are fearless queens, as well as wives and mothers of imperfect kings.  They deserve mankind’s ALL, before we allow them to fall.

Once upon a time Rose's were a dime a dozen. Today they are far and few in between. I've heard stories where men like myself found a Rose growing through concrete. Now day's you'll be lucky to find a true Rose in a rose garden.

Far too many women these days have been tainted by the pesticides I call social media, masculinity and materialism. But for those rare %100 Rose's. I salute you, I pray you and I apologize for all the things your ex-man has done, the inconsiderate non-sense men like myself have done and our failure to treat you like you deserve to be treated.

Brother's let's start being mindful of our women’s value. Value a woman's worth and the Rose our mothers and sisters represent. Let us hold them tighter when disloyalty, selfishness and lack of honor crosses our mind. Let's celebrate their worth, knowing that they have sacrificed so much in order to be there for us and with us. When others have led us astray.

My Mother once told me "a hoe will make love to you before she feeds you..." So best believe you can get sex from any woman, but a woman who loves you is concerned first with "Have you ate or not."

Sister, are you a Rose? Dear brother, do have a Rose in your life? Or is she just a Daffodil blowing in the wind today and gone tomorrow?

The movie 'Fences' inspired these words, I am reminded to be more thankful and more appreciative of the Rose's in my life and it moved me to share publicly what I personally got from the movie.  I recommend to all those who haven't had a chance to see the film to go see it!

God Bless the Rose's and may you all continue to grow no matter the weather.

-->

Demond Jackson is an inmate at the U.S Federal penitentiary in Victorville. DJ as friends call him is currently serving a 60 year sentence for crack cocaine. His case is unique because there was ZERO cocaine seized and his conviction was based solely on word of mouth. Since his incarceration D.J. has authored several different programs aimed to support men with lengthy sentences as well as the first youth mentoring program in B.O.P history.  





DJ Welcomes Correspondence, please address letters to:

Demond Jackson #05934088

13777 AIR EXPRESSWAY BLVD
VICTORVILLECA  92394


Demond A. Jackson
Men S.T.O.P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Legal Stuff

This is a blog... many of the pictures are copied from other places and not my own work...
Any articles reproduced will receive full credit... I do not plagerize because I do not have to!